|Interest Group Overview|
Any employee of a PLMA member organization may join any or all PLMA Interest Groups by adding the group to their online member profile. Other industry professionals may register to attend some interest groups online or in-person meetings on a case-by-case basis, but may not join the distribution list or receive access to resource materials.
Current PLMA Interest Groups include (in order of formation):
• Grid-Interactive Behind-the-Meter Storage Interest Group. Formerly known as the Grid-Interactive Water Heating Interest Group, this group co-chaired by Gary Connett of Great River Energy, and Steve Koep of Vaughn Thermal Corporation provides a focused platform for information sharing and market development efforts in support of wide scale implementation of grid-interactive behind-the-meter storage technologies.
• Women in Demand Management. Co-chaired by Gwen Resendes of Bonneville Power Administration and Robin Maslowski of Navigant, this Group seeks to identify interest in networking, mentoring, and presentation opportunities that provide increased connection between demand response professionals and exposure to women in positions of leadership in member organizations
• Thermostats. Co-chaired by Lee Hamilton of Xcel Energy and Jenny Roehm of Schneider Electric, this Group examines the costs and benefits of all types of utility-sponsored programs that leverage thermostat technology to deliver the demand response, energy efficiency, or other system benefits.
• Distributed Energy Resources Integration Interest Group. Co-chaired by Richard Barone of Hawaiian Electric and John Powers of Extensible Energy, this Group addresses key economic, engineering, and customer program design aspects of Distributed Energy Resource Integration, including: Valuation of load management resources in “firming” non-dispatchable renewable resources; Program design and re-design issues for adapting DR programs; and Technology needs assessments for DER applications
• Retail Pricing. Co-chaired by Clay Engel of Consumers Energy and Evan Pittman of Comverge, this group addresses a wide variety of rates and program types, relative to continued AMI rollouts, Customers adopting distributed generation, Customers purchasing connected appliances (Internet of Things), and Regulators pushing for pricing reform.
• Customer Engagement. Co-chaired by Andrea Simmonsen of Idaho Power Company, Meridith Nierenberg, Orange and Rockland Utilities, and Sharyn Barata, Opinion Dynamics, this Group addresses key areas of customer engagement for demand response programs.
3/8/2017 » 3/9/2017
[partner] GreentechMedia: California’s Distributed Energy Future 2017
4/3/2017 » 4/5/2017
35th PLMA Conference